Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I am a DIY ninja.

Okay, not really. But I just saw the Walmart commercial about being a ninja, and I quietly giggle every time. Quietly because I get made fun of otherwise. Anyway, back on track.
One of my goals for this year was to do at least one DIY project a month. Well I'm awesome and just finished my second one of the month (The third will be done by the end of this week, holla! Wait for pictures). I have a slight obsession with Pinterest, so while I'm not cool enough to think of any of this stuff on my own, I like to think I make nice additions to the massive overload of ideas that is Pinterest.
I needed something for the blank wall in our bedroom. I had a frame that I got for free because it had a defect, and took the mat out since it was the defective part. The frame itself is gorgeous, I think.


Supplies: Frame, one piece of scrapbook paper, any kind of stick on letters (or just print on the paper if you want), and some ribbon! I already had the frame, so I spent $5 after coupons for the rest.

After putting the letters in. I had to glue the ribbon to the back of the frame since it didn't have any kind of hanging hooks or anything.



And you may laugh at this, but unless you have a man around to do the laundry, you don't realize how awesome it is ;) He does laundry, I vacuum. Trust me, it's an even trade where hate for chores is concerned.

So easy, and literally took me 10 minutes if you don't count the drying time for the ribbon. And should make for interesting comments with the dry erase marker lol

1 comment: