Thursday, January 5, 2012

DIY, Rewind.

I redid my daughters' dressers a while back, and it seems they were well liked, thankfully :) A lot of people asked me how I did it (a couple people asked me how much they cost, score!), so I guess this is an easy way to do it all at once! I found two identical small Broyhill three drawer dressers (in near perfect condition) for $20 for the pair. Half of the pictures have managed to vanish into thin air, so this is what I could find.

This is what they looked like prior to painting. 
After sanding.
After two coats of white paint.


This was the most time consuming parts to do. I had to paint each drawer face and handle pink or green. Then I brushed on some mod podge, and added the diecut type scrapbook paper (I just cut it to size before hand). I added another coat of Mod Podge on top of it, and it dried completely clear!


4 comments:

  1. LOVE this dresser! You did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stacy! I like to make things inexpensive when I can :) It was much easier than I thought it would be! I'm getting to redo a dresser into a tv stand for the living room, so hopefully I can post about that soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am enjoying your diy projects, love the colors you used on the dresser.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Sue! It's the color scheme for the girls' room, and it was easy to make the dressers match that. I also made Mason's dresser red. Maybe I'll post pictures of that soon :)

    ReplyDelete